Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Westover Air Reserve Base Airshow 2008



So last Summer after a 4 year delay due to the war, we were able to go see the air show at Westover air reserve base near my house. Usually all i need to do is open my back door and look out and jets of all kinds scream by with a deafening sound. It ends up being quite an interesting weekend, let me tell you. They fly so close to my house you can look in and see the pilot. That's pretty damn low to the ground. It amazing to watch, but even better when you see it up close on the base. This was one of many videos I took, but due to limitations on my phone, I could only send 2 to youtube. They aren't the most exciting, but still interesting to see. My favorite video that didn't get posted involved two jets. What they do is have one jet doing some death-defying stunt, and while the audience is fixated on that spectacle, another jet comes out of nowhere, screaming by hundreds of feet off the ground. It's so loud children started crying, and if you are over the age of 80, well, good luck with that. It really scares the shit out of you. What's even more scary, is if you were their target. You'd be dead and would never have seen it coming. As a kid I wanted to join the Air Force and be a pilot, but poor eyesight can be a bitch. So every two years this is the closest I can get to that experience, and man is it awsome.

No comments: