Sunday, January 31, 2010

Recently Played: Bayonetta





Just finished playing Bayonetta tonight for the PS3. Hyper-stylized, Hyper-sexual and completely over-the-top. If you're familiar with the Devil May Cry series, you'll immediately recognize the gameplay--it's created by the same man behind DMC, Kamiya-san. It's a excellent game in showcasing Kamiya-sans absolute ridiculousness when it comes to game-play and story-telling. Well, whatever story there is here is not much, and even if there is something substantial here I certainly don't understand it. Something about witches and the balance of light and dark; but that's not what's important. It's the gameplay that truly shines here. Whatever action games come out this year, it's going to be tough to follow Bayonetta.

Hyperbole aside, it's a fun game, bottom line. Graphics are excellent, although not quite as sharp as it's 360 cousin. Load times have been improved now that Sega released a patch. It took me about 10 hours to complete Bayonetta, over a span of about 4 days.It's definitely a game worth keeping in your collection. Re-playability is high; as there are plenty of trophies to unlock. Although I finished with a 35% completion rate. Quite low. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest, I'd give it a 8.5.

From now on, I'd like to make two different posts: One on games I've recently finished, and one on games I'm currently playing. I'd like to have a template for each post, but I'm not sure on how to go about it, so hopefully by the time I write my next post I'll have something more solid to go by. I'm not much for writing reviews. Honestly, I find them boring and often times useless. So I"m thinking of a way to just give some bullet points on certain aspects of the game that some people might find useful. How long is the game? Re-playability, etc. Sorta like what I just wrote, but not such a cluster-fuck. Any comments or suggestions, feel free to leave below.

No comments: